The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art sits on 22 acres of well designed gardens, lawns, sculptures and reflecting pool. The above shot shows the original building built in 1933, the addition on the right is the new Bloch Building opened in 2007.
The Block Building is named in honor of Henry W. Bloch and his wife Marion. Mr Bloch is the Chairman of the Nelson-Atkins Board of Trustees. Henry Block founded H&R Bloch with his brother Richard here in Kansas City in 1955.