Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kauffman Center of Performing Arts Update III


This is my last photo of the Kauffman Center for a while, but I will bring you more : )  The Kauffman Center website provides information about the building and Community Day on September 18, 2011  when the center will host an open house to the public, including short performances and opportunities to see backstage area.  Jazz recording artist Diana Krall will be performing the opening weekend on Sept 17th.  Legends Placido Domingo and Itzhak Perlman as well as the Kansas City Symphony will also be performing opening weekend.  

I already have my calendar saved for these events.

8 comments:

Halcyon said...

Beautiful colors today!

KC Photog Blog said...

I, for one, can hardly wait.

I imagine we'll both be there, right? Cameras in hand?

I'll watch for you. :)

KC Photog Blog said...

Oh, and we have to watch for Eric Bowers, too, of course.

Regina K said...

of course. I was looking at tickets for Diana Krall. I am so excited and cannot wait either. I will follow you around with my camera to attempt to acquire your artistic eye : )

Sharon said...

That will be a fantastic event. Great talent in a fantastic new buidling.

RedPat said...

Exciting times ahead for you all! Fabulous looking building.

Randy said...

I would kill to see Diana Krall and in this new beautiful place! I am green with envy.

Jack said...

This is a lovely, almost spiritual photo. The good people of Kansas City are going to love their new venue.