Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lobby Art

Kansas City has enjoyed unseasonably fabulous weather this week.  One lunch I took the opportunity to walk and capture this lobby art that you may have caught a glimpse of here.  Jack, HDP, asked if the art seen in that photo was done by Sol Lewitt.  Unfortunately I found no label identifying the artist of this piece, nor did the attendant in the lobby know about the art.  When researching Sol Lewitt, this does look like his work as seen here.  Good eye Jack.

11 comments:

Teresa said...

Makes my eyes go a little buggy--but quite colorful and interesting.

Sharon said...

This is a most colorful piece. Very hypnotic. I wondered about your weather there. I saw that it was 68 in St. Louis yesterday. That is unusually warm for January.

Halcyon said...

I don't know Sol Lewitt, but I really like this work. Guess I'll have to do some researching of my own! :)

Leif Hagen said...

Such a fun, bright, bold piece of art!

Wayne said...

It surprising there was no plaque in sight.

I suspect it is a Lewitt but kudos to the building owners regardless. So many lobbies are bland.

RedPat said...

I love it and would take it in a flash if it ever needs a new home!

Jack said...

Score another one for Jack. Lewitt was born in Hartford and raised in New Britain. He spent his later years in Connecticut. I will be posting something indirectly about Lewitt in a week or so.

Randy said...

Not that would wake you up if you needed a pick me up. Great color!

Bob Crowe said...

Yes, LeWitt, but it owes an lot to Frank Stella's early protractor paintings, for example http://www.moca.org/pc/viewArtWork.php?id=110 .

Birdman said...

Heck! I just like the color design.

Steve Scauzillo said...

Love this piece of art! I will have to check out this painter's work.