Monday, October 10, 2011

Wandering Around the State of Kansas


Yesterday I went to Manhattan, Kansas to visit my aunt.  It is a mere two hours drive west of KC.  Part of my route takes me through small towns, my favorite being St. Mary's, Kansas.  On my way back I found this old 1939 Dodge 4 door parked in downtown St. Mary's.  I did not see this earlier in the day when I drove thru town, so I can assume it's engine is working.  Even though this car is not beautifully restored, I still loved seeing it on the roads.  Takes me back to my childhood days when these cars were common on the roadways.  Dodge cars seem to have a following in small farm towns.

I have been corrected this is a 1941 Ford Super Deluxe

9 comments:

Halcyon said...

I love the rusted out look. Was there a game going on at KState? Hope you had fun in Manhattan. :)

Taken For Granted said...

You are right, that is a fine looking car, and a great photo of it, but unfortunately it isn't a Dodge, it is a Ford.

RedPat said...

I love these old cars too!

cieldequimper said...

Whatever it is, I love it! Reminds me of my travels in the PNW which already seem like they happened a lifetime ago.

Who'd have thought Manhattan had changed so much overnight... Lol, sorry, couldn't resist!

Stefan Jansson said...

Love the rat rod style.

Randy said...

Now that looks like a fun ride.

Taken For Granted said...

I thought that Ford could be between 1939-1941, didn't know exactly. Thanks for looking it up and posting on my photo blog. You do good work.

Lynette said...

Way cool! I'm so glad that you happened upon this great photo opportunity!

Tanya Breese said...

my husband's breese line settled in manhattan/leonardville! we were there for a reunion back when we were living in mo! love the photos!